Four-way-stretch shell designed for movement.
Our backcountry shell engineered to provide protection from the storm while remaining breathable on the uphill skin, the Dawn Patrol Hybrid Shell features a breathable softshell fabric in key placements for thermal regulation, while the chest, shoulders and hood remain impenetrable thanks to our propriety BD.dry™ waterproof/breathable solution. All fabric is treated with GTT’s Empel PFC-Free finish, an environmentally friendly DWR that’s superior in durability and performance. Add 4-way stretch for mobility and this shell keeps you hustling on the skin track while sending it on the way down. An innovative, center front dual zipper features a built-in mesh panel for venting on the climb, and the perforated panel on the collar allows you to breath freely while protecting your face from the brisk air. The Dawn Patrol Hybrid comes with two harness-compatible chest pockets that hold skins, an internal media pocket and a ski-helmet compatible hood. Velcro cuffs are combined with a lightweight wrist gaiter for ultimate protection.
- Built with BD.dry™—our engineered waterproof/breathable/windproof solution
- 20,000mm waterproof rating
- 20,000g/m2/24 hr breathability rating
- GTT’s Empel Breathable Water Protection Technology—a revolutionary water-free and PFC-free DWR that’s superior in performance and substantially more durable than other DWR solutions
- Front Length: 26.5 in from High Point of Shoulder
- 4-way stretch softshell fabric and 2-way stretch BD.dry™ laminated fabric
- Adjustable, ski-helmet-compatible hood
- Underarm gussets for added range of motion
- Two harness-compatible chest pockets that hold skins
- Center front zipper features a built-in mesh panel for ventilation
- Interior chest pocket with media cord entry
- Internal lightweight stretch wrist gaiter
- Internal RECCO® technology in hood